SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_austin

I have looked at too many paint colors... kitchen update

B P
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have been looking at and analyzing paint colors for so long, I feel paint paralyzed. We are updating our kitchen and have already installed countertops (Ceasarstone Frosty Carrina) and chosen our backsplash (see pic below). The idea has been to paint our orange oak cabinets a shade of gray. Our house was completely beige (PPG Dusty Trail), ceiling to floor, when we moved in. While we’ve updated bedrooms and office with color (warm muddy blues and greens) and the ceiling (white), we want to keep the large common areas neutral. The kitchen is partially open to a large living room so they share walls. I am looking for warm, neutral, light to medium tone paint colors for an inviting, comfortable and calm setting. I don’t mind a combo of beige and gray. These common areas get northwestern light, and there is a lot of greenery outside the windows. The floors have been updated to a neutral wood throughout, except for kitchen which is still tile.

i‘ve had SW Mindful Gray in mind for the kitchen cabinets, although there are so many grays so I’m not sure. It’s hard to get an actual idea from pictures online, and I’ll be getting swatches from our cabinet painter. Any other gray suggestions for comparison? I’m also struggling to figure out what wall color to choose if the cabinet color doesn’t look right with Dusty Trail. We are open to 2 wall colors (to separate kitchen from living room) if 1 color can’t work for the whole space. White cabinets won’t work for my family.

edited to add pic of wall color and flooring (dusty trail in natural light).

Comments (18)