SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

Need Help with Living Room Paint Color, Rug and Misc

Raluca
3 years ago

Hi Houzzers, we recently received amazing advice from here which transformed our living space so I thought I start a new thread to help my in-laws with their living room. I am limited on what we can change in here (it’s not my house and they have different taste) but I can guide them on wall color, rug for the sectional, coffee table, pillows/throw, and floor lamp.
I don’t have current pictures because they are redoing the floors right now and can’t get in. They have an older home but the living area has been opened up and it’s one large room. To the left there is brown leather sectional and recliner facing a black granite fireplace/tv. To the right there is a large cherry dining table facing a large cherry with black granite kitchen, they also have a huge island (cherry also). Floors are golden oak as pictured and they will be refinished same color. Lots of dark items so we need to lighten it up. Need to match current grey and white curtains too.

What wall color do you suggest? I want to make sure we don’t accentuate the yellow from the floors.

What rug would go here by the sectional?

Thanks a lot for your time!!!

Comments (14)