SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

My kitchen---Finally- Before and (almost) after

salonva
3 years ago

Kitchen is about 90 to 95% done at this point. Waiting on 2 glass doors (where it's empty) and the backsplash.

I hardly have any before photos, because it was such a source of irritation to me. It was the original kitchen I think built in 1995 , only the fridge had been updated. Started out thinking maybe we would just have the cabinets painted and then upgrade everything else......one thing leads to another and .....I don't make decisions easily but it's finally done.

I (we ) are thrilled with the results. Absolutely thrilled. I couldn't decide about white cabinets or wood, as I love them both. I finally thought a compromise of white perimeter and wood island would work and I love it.

First is the listing photo of the kitchen.

Here after we moved in, with my stuff NOT cleaned up. As I said, it was not a source of pride for me.

It was not a bad layout, but the peninsula area was tight, and it had that small corner sink and so on. Toyed with just enlarging the peninsula area, but ultimately decided on this. I will take more photos but this is basically done.

Will post more later, but for now I can say I am elated.

Comments (52)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars70 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz