SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayziegal

Guest Bath (almost) finished - Before and After Pics

MayzieGal
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here often but I have read just about everything on this forum. We just re-did our guest bath and I literally couldn't have done it without you all. I'm so grateful for the great information and all the inspiration I've gotten from everyone here.

I know that seeing pictures really helped us so I thought I would share some of ours. A little background...the house was built in 1987 and we've lived here for 10 years. The bath was original to the house and was apparently done with the cheapest, builder-grade materials they could come by.

The bathroom is 5x8 (including the tub area) and the door leading into the bath is set on a diagonal, which eats into the floor space.

Since this is a guest bath, our goal was to make this into something like a nice hotel bathroom. We had a limited budget and ended up spending about $2500 altogether. (We will also be hiring Miracle Method to refinish the bath and surround for an additional $1000 soon.)

Okay, on to the pictures.

BEFORE:

The faucet in the picture below is what the got the whole project going. The old, ugly one broke and once we replaced it, I decided we HAD to redo the rest of the bathroom to go with it. Ha!

AFTER

Love this thing. It's a towel hook we put on the wall behind the door. The hooks fold up into the rack when not in use.

Better view of the floor (Daltile Continental Slate in Brazilian Green).

If you're interested in what any of the fixtures are or where I got them, just let me know.

Thanks for looking!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living