SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliaryanearl

need paint colour advice to go with orange doors and trim

juliaryanearl
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello,

I want to do some updates in my home, mostly cosmetic. The home is one of the few left on the street that are original. It is in a nice neighbourhood and would be a tear down for most people. I am surrounded by mansions. So, the return on my investment will be minimal. I would be doing all updates just to enjoy my home and make it mine. I have tossed around the idea of new flooring (getting rid of tile and old hardwood to make one cohesive floor on main level) and new baseboards and trim and doors but I am not sure it is worth the expense if I can make what I have already, work for me with paint, decor, etc.

So, please suggest paint colours that might work in this home. I am open to any and all suggestions. I love gray cashmere, gray owl, whites, creams, pale oak, charcoals and dark charcoal blues. The current wall colour in the photos is Edgecomb gray. The living room faces east. The lighting is poor in the home and there is no overhead light in the living room as you can see and I would like to spend the money to add one. I don't like a poorly lit home.

Thank you very much!

Just to note as it may affect colour choices, this is not my furniture or decor. I move in soon.

Comment (1)