SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_891427930

Too many living room focal points!

Maddy S
3 years ago

Houzzers, please help us with our family room puzzle!

We'd like to make our family room a more functional and comfortable space, but can't figure out the furniture placement - too many focal points with a TV, sliding doors, and the brick fireplace wall in this long narrow room (19'L x 13'W). We have school age kids and often lots of friends in this room to play or watch TV/play video games. We originally had the TV in the corner to the left of the fireplace but everyone ended up crowded in that corner with their backs to the entry from the kitchen. Now we're temporarily trying it on the opposite wall or corner to see if we like it. I would be so grateful for any thoughts and suggestions on what furniture to buy and where to place things!!!

We'll be lighting things up with a white, gray, turquoise rug with a nomad pattern, and hopefully lighter brighter furniture and curtains in the same colors with maybe yellow or orange accents. We'll also be adding a larger TV. We do use the fireplace but only rarely so I'm okay with having moveable furniture in front of it. We can't and don't want to put the TV over the mantle. We will be keeping the diagonal pine paneling, brick fireplace and mantel and flooring. I originally thought we'd whitewash the brick and/or pine but it turns out we like it. We do enjoy a nice view into our wooded yard and also access the deck from our sliders.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!