SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlen_boersema

Off centre bedroom wall dilemma

C B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

EDIT: Okay we moved things around again! I like it much better and there’s still room for my wheelchair on the right hand side.

It doesn’t look that much better on camera but it does in person! Thank you!

We may paint the walls white at some point. Not sure. Either way, gonna get some lighter coloured curtains. I have a light blue duvet cover that I can put on my white duvet that will also detract from the window.

My husband and I moved apartments 7.5 months ago. All this furniture was purchased for our old apartment. We’re struggling with function vs design. We’ve had the bed on every wall. We liked it in the middle wall, but I use a wheelchair and my chair doesn’t fit. I can’t pull my chair up to the bed with the furniture that way. The opposite way means I’d have to sleep on the left side of the bed. I don’t want to do that. The curtains are longer... we just had them like that to see how it would look if we hemmed them. I never open them because it’s too much fabric. We’ve got two sets of blackout curtains because there’s a bright light right outside our window. We’ve also got a portable a/c unit in the right side of the window, but it my husband moved it to the living room before I took the pic. The room feels cramped overall.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz