SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Is symmetry something to worry about in a small space?

In tweaking my kitchen plan I have decided to downsize the fridge from a 36” to a 24”. To be clear, this is a kitchen in a guest house. The space is for friends and family mostly, and maybe an Airbnb if that ever opens up again. It sleeps 2, or 4 if utilizing the sofa bed. I occasionally host a medical student doing a rotation for a few weeks at the local hospital. However they tend to make lots of frozen meals or eat with us.

So in getting a smaller fridge(which fits in better as all the other appliances are apartment sized) It gives me an opportunity to maybe make the range wall a bit better. I can fit a 24” drawer base on either side(which is my current plan) or I could make a bit more space between the fridge and range and do 30” there and 18” on the left of range. At the extreme I could do 36” between fridge and range and do a 12” on the left. I was thinking pots and pans in one of the drawer banks.

Here it is with 24” on either side.

Here it is with 18”on left and 30” on right of range. I also moved the island a bit to the right to get a wider walkway in front of sink.

Thoughts?

Comment (1)