SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonnaccra

Is this garage addition aesthetically consistent with the house?

bonnaccra
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are working on a big renovation project. We have a back entry garage which comes from the right side which takes away our backyard as we have a pie shaped lot and has a lot of asphalt. We plan to remove this and want to get a backyard and more greenery.

We were originally going to do a side entrance on the left but it creates a lot of driveway and limits the yard.

We want to move the driveway and due to structural reasons, the front is best location. We are turning a front porch into a room and so will be working in that area anyway, digging. So my arch has drawn a garage addition on left with a covered terrace - our house is from 1912 and we want to have some consistency. So I've included a color 3D of the house (from when we thought we would go deep into left side garage entry in current basement and new terrace, in case you look at aerial view). Now we would start the garage according to the attached site plan instead. Do you think the visual of the house from front with left front garage (in pencil sketch) is visually consistent, addition too big? What might you do to change it? Would you prefer an open terrace?

I've included - concept sketch for new garage addition from front view, the aerial view of plan we are not likely to do bc there is so much going towards back, and also site plan to match the concept sketch.

What would you change or does this look aesthetically consistent, appropriate?

Comments (6)