SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_782807121

Where to put basement fireplace VS optimal TV viewing.

Jai Ro
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello all.

Please help with advice on where to place the electric fireplace vs an optional tv viewing position.

The 1st photo is the view at the bottom of the stairs and entering the main area.

Im mixed on whether I should put a half fireplace under the window, or onto the wall on the left.

On the right where the small green stool is, is where the sofa will go and on the left wall, is where the TV will go.

The distance of seating to the wall is just over 11ft.

If I put a full fireplace on the left wall, the top of the TV (65 inch) will be a few inches under the ceiling and the bottom of the TV will be around 10 inches above that green tape.

The green tape is eye level when sitting down.

On this 2nd photo, is where the TV will be placed if I place the half fireplace under the window.

The 4 small pieces of tape are the approx outside edges of the TV, with the larger tape being eye level.

I cant purchase a mount to bring the TV down and still have the fire place place under because it would break the clearance area (203mm) above the fireplace.

So:

Option 1: Half fireplace under the window with optimal TV placement - practical option

Option 2: Full fire place on the wall, TV placed high - aesthetic option

Im using a white stone veneer (with shiny bits in it) and the mantle will be a similar color as the floor.

Comment

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus