Butcher Box is Accepting New Members

moosemac

I just got an email. Butcher Box now has availablity for new members. I have been a member since last year and have been very happy with their services and responsiveness. If you decide to try it, I would appreciate if you would use my referral link. Thanks.

http://fbuy.me/v/scott_7243

SaveComment11Like
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Took a while to load but I got there. Can’t seem to learn much without giving them my email. Can you describe the service a bit?

1 Like Save    
olychick

i just make up an email for those things until I decide if I want to give them mine.

Save    
foodonastump

Ah that worked. I guess I should have figured that out. ;)

Save    
Compumom11

FOAS, can you describe what they offer?

Save    
moosemac

They offer grass said and pasture raised meats from small farms in the Pennsylvania and New York.

1 Like Save    
moosemac

I get the small custom box i.e. I can pick the contents. You can select delivery frequency. I get delivery once every two weeks and that works well for our family of 5 adults and one child. Delivery has been very reliable throughtout.

1 Like Save    
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

If you click on 'how it works' at the top, then scroll down...(do not click 'choose your plan' in red)....just scroll down to see the various plans. No need to give your email or join.

So good to see people embracing farm shares. Good quality, grass fed and finished, pasture raised organic, heritage breeds.

We use WaldonLocal. NewEngland delivery. Very similar. We get every other month and use customize. They also have special add-ons like butter and eggs.

I like that both flash freeze in thick cryovac one pound packages. With dry ice. Straight into the freezer.

1 Like Save    

Try this link, HERE

Save    
ediej1209 AL Zn 7

I signed up for one of their smaller custom boxes every 2 months. Delivery starts in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see how it tastes!

1 Like Save    

I think you will be happy edie. The value in some of the new meat share boxes is the non-contractual business plans. Let the farmer farm. Rather than send someone to a farmers market with a couple coolers and hope for the best. Let the business man/woman take care of the distribution and the website.

Not that long ago they would have you pick-up at a coop on a specific day with a few hour time frame. Not very convenient.

We can suspend our delivery for another month or order tomorrow for an earlier delivery no problem.

Ask for a 1/2 order, all beef, all chicken, or all pork...no problem.

!0 years ago we started making our own sausage and grinding for burgers. Disappointed with local high fat greasy sausage and so much salt. These choice sausages have been excellent. Lean and not salty. Much better than ours.

We will again suspend for another month having so much in the freezer. No problem by them. This was June 20th. We use maybe 1 pound every 10-12 days. One pound is two meals for the two of us.

1 Like Save    
ediej1209 AL Zn 7

We don't eat that much beef (except burger meat in 100 ways :-/ ) so I planned on an every 2 month schedule. I included a rack of ribs in this first shipment and am really looking forward to them.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Entertaining Genius Home Prep: A Guest Room in a Box
No dedicated guest room? Make hosting overnighters easier by keeping the essentials in one place
Full Story
Life The Polite House: On Dogs at House Parties and Working With Relatives
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives advice on having dogs at parties and handling a family member’s offer to help with projects
Full Story
Kitchen Design Soapstone Counters: A Love Story
Love means accepting — maybe even celebrating — imperfections. See if soapstone’s assets and imperfections will work for you
Full Story