SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kotlet007

Honest advice needed for dining/living space

Kotlet00
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone!

We’ve recently moved into a much larger apartment and are having some trouble figuring out what to do with a few areas - namely, our very large living/dining area. In a panic to fill the space, we’ve purchased a few items that I’m now thinking might not have been the best choices for the space.

Additionally, we are having trouble figuring out the placement of couches and the accent chair as we have very large windows with a view of the ocean. This is why we haven’t placed the red chair near any windows (for fear of blocking the view).

My initial idea was to place the glass dining table in the solarium area and have like two or four small chairs (as it is only the two of us and when we have guests staying, it most likely won’t be more than two, if that makes sense). This area would then become our dining area. We need more plants in that area for sure.

So, then for the area in front of the bookcases, I was thinking of placing two comfy but small cosy chairs and a cosy looking carpet leaving the bookcase as a central focus. Perhaps maybe even a mirror for the other wall?

Any and all advice is truly appreciated! Please be honest, too! Like are the chairs too busy?

Comments (18)