SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kduncs50

Help with Family Room Furniture Layout

Katie R
3 years ago

We just moved into our new forever home, it used to belong to my inlaws and it's the house my husband grew up in so it's super special to us.

There are a few quirks - and one of them is that the family room is very awkward because the sliding glass wall angles out. (They did this because they put an addition on but were restricted by how far they could build out due to the pool in the backyard and so the solution was to angle the wall)

We are trying to figure out the best layout for the furniture - This is our TV watching room, we have a formal living room elsewhere. We're a family of 4 and love to lie down and cuddle up watching shows/movies in the evening. This room wraps around to a big eat in kitchen so it's sort of open but there's a little half wall that divides the space. Ideally we have seating for at least 6 people if the kids are ever allowed to have friends over again.

The only furniture we feel strongly about keeping is the coffee table and side tables. The chairs and couch are temporary and going elsewhere, we just needed a stopgap. This is really the basement TV, we have an 85inch one for this space that I think we will wallmount. At some point in the future I want to bulk up the fireplace surround with a chunkier mantle.

Here is a picture of the room, I have a few layouts that we are considering. Do any of these work? Any other ideas?

Comments (4)