SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily_stevens5

Diy bathroom vanity with sink

Emily Stevens
3 years ago

My mom and I own our property. I live the house, it's a one bedroom one bath. I'll be asking for allot of advice about it soon enough. My mom lives in the garage. It's big enough to be a mother in law home. Just a few things to do to it and vola. My question is her bathroom. It's only a toilet and a sink. We are passing ideas back and forth about how to put a shower in her place. For now I'm more concerned about getting her running water again. The water pipe going to her place broke and at the time my boyfriend capped it off where it broke. My mom wasn't living in the garage at that time. Anyways I took apart the faucet in that bathroom to try and replace my bathroom faucet. (No luck, thing still leaks can't turn the water off. Discussion for another time.) Anyways we just got her a newish toilet, don't have a clue how the side of the old toilet broke. I was talking to her about how close I am about starting my next project. I'm currently cleaning my whole yard. My next project is my kitchen/bathroom. I want to put a tub in my bathroom and also move my kitchen sink from facing the wall to the living room to facing my back yard. The bathroom is right in between my bedroom and kitchen. With all the plumbing needing to be replaced and my house having the only source of running water I told her that's it's time to get her water fixed. The PVC and everything else needed to get water running isn't that expensive. What's going to cost the most is the new vanity/cabinet. For the sink. I love to build things, and being truthful destroying something first then rebuilding is the best. I am wondering if there is an easy, cheaper solution to her having a bathroom sink. I never built a cabinet before, but I did watch a friend of a friend build cabinet doors for his kitchen he already had the framing all placed. Any help is appreciated, except where Google is concerned. I spent over an hour trying to phrase diy bathroom vanity, I kept getting web sites that will sell me the vanity, or sell me the instructions and frame. I was so happy when I remembered to add forum to the search and found this site. My mom decided on a two door cabinet, no drawers that I believe is the easiest part. It's the top part where the sink needs to go is where I truly need the help. There size of her cabinet now is 24" and can't go out any further without going into the toilet.

Comments (8)