SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_gordondecarle

Opinion needed on Exterior front door color ..White or Teal to pop?

Sandra Gordon DeCarle
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am sprucing up my mom's Levitt ranch (Long Island, NY) for sale. The house is vinyl cedar siding in the natural cedar color from the 90s. The roof is a very light grey and the trim and garage door is dark brown mostly. Some of the window trim is white as well. I would like to spruce up the main, front door which is half covered by a cream color storm door. The main door is currently white and I was thinking of painting it a dusty teal color. Not too bright....So only about a third of the color will actually show with the current screen door. The R.E. agent suggested awhile back to keep it white since most people like white doors. However, my reading tells me otherwise, to bring in a pop of color. Since the door is kind of dated but still in good condition; I thought a nice fresh color like teal

might be a good idea. (I am also going to update the storm door knob and bottom brass piece to freshen it up.) Any feedback on this dilemma would be much appreciated before the painter comes. I stuck on some sample color swatches of the color I like BM Hazy Blue.

Comments (7)