SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpersonette11

Need colors for front brick, front door and awning & any other ideas?

J P
last year

Hi there. Just got into this house today for the 1st time. Think we will have plenty of ways to fit our contemporary style on the inside while still leaving the house its character. You will see that the entire exterior of the home was painted previously this neutral beige. The color doesn't bother us, but we feel the paint make up on the front of the house needs to change a bit. You will see in the picture that 90% of the home's exterior is aluminum siding. But the front of the house has a portion of brick. To break up the beige, we are going to paint over the beige brick, choose a new color for the front door, and even change the color of the front awning. The previous owner did add some curb appeal with some light front landscaping, but the house still comes off a little too dark or sort of depressed. Since we are not planning to change the overall beige color on the rest of the house, going super bold with big pops of color wouldn't work or look right. I have always appreciated this community for their thoughts, ideas or opinions. So take a look at these pics and let me know if you have any color ideas....or any ideas actually to make the front more appealing. That includes changing the shutter (I was thinking a more slat board horizontal wood shutter or colors around windows, etc.

Comments (9)