SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Irresistible Daylilies for Saturday

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have two daylilies with irresistible in the name, and they're both blooming today.

Irresistible You is a new red that has battled thrips for about three weeks. I finally got a clean bloom. Look how different it looks at 7 a.m. and at 10:30 a.m.

Irresistible You, the 7 a.m. shade version - I bought it because of the ruffles and the triangular throat.

Irresistible You at 10:30 a.m. in the sun when the petals have rolled back. I much prefer the round look with the petals rolled back.

So Irresistible has had its best year yet. In the past four seasons it was short, most blooms were splotchy, and it had less than 10 buds. This year it was 26 inches tall with buds ranging from 14-18. All of the blooms were presentable. I'm glad I gave this one a fifth year. It really shaped up.

Angels Bow Down ffo - Last year this one browned and melted before noon on 93-degree days. Yesterday, it kept its color most of the day. The only reason it wasn't sold off was because I didn't have my usual Spring sale out of Covid concerns.

Boundless Beauty

Carolina Cool Down ffo

White Eyes Pink Dragon

Warm in Winter

More to come ...

Debra

Comments (14)