It *was* the eggs! Banana Pudding revisited

bbstx

Quick recap: Last week I made banana pudding. The recipe calls for “3 eggs,” size unspecified. I had jumbo eggs. A quick peek at an egg equivalency chart convinced me that I should only use 2 jumbo eggs. The banana pudding, while totally eaten up, was a bit runny. The custard never set up as it should. And, to be honest, the meringue wasn’t quite right either. Fast forward to today...

Made banana pudding again today. Used 3 eggs. Came out perfect.

SaveComment3Like6
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arkansas girl

That looks great! Eggs are so small compared to what they used to be. We have always bought jumbos and have seen them get way smaller than they were, say, 10 years ago. They used to be HUGE!

Save     Thanked by bbstx
chloebud

And there you go! Looks so good!

Save     Thanked by bbstx
bbstx

I usually make banana pudding about twice a year. That is all my waistline can afford. However, when I placed my grocery order, instead of 4 bananas, I got 4 bunches of bananas. It was 21 bananas in all. This is the last of them, except the 3 I froze for banana muffins in the future.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Kitchen Color: 7 Sensational Yellow Backsplashes
Warm up a white kitchen or add some zing to wood tones with a backsplash that glows
Full Story
Most Popular Homeowners Give the Pink Sink Some Love
When it comes to pastel sinks in a vintage bath, some people love ’em and leave ’em. Would you?
Full Story
Kitchen Design World of Design: Favorite Recipes From Food Lovers Around the Globe
By Houzz
Travel with your tastebuds and experience for yourself these international foodies' favorite dishes
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Kitchen, Bath and Interior remodeling company featuring the latest bath and kitchen designs and the largest... Read More