SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Weekend's Flowers

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Thunder Glow is a new one. It first opened about eight days ago, but every time I plan to photograph it, either the bloom won't open fully or it's been splotchy. The day it had three near perfect blooms, I forgot to get the picture. I had my husband take it, and it didn't come out the right color. So here it is with a little splotchiness after a night of heavy dew.

Keepsake Rosie is one I've had for three years. It's supposed to be a bud builder, but I have yet to see that trait in it. I think it gets shaded out by plants in front of it. It needs a new place.

All My Love to You is looking particularly good this year. It has better branching and bud count than ever before.

Shores of Time - I moved Shores of Time last spring, and for the first time in the fifteen years I've had it, it's the registered height. I should have moved it years ago.

Rainbow Maker ffo - This one has multiplied like crazy, going to ten fans from four last year. It has quite a bit of lateral branching this time, so it should bloom much longer this year.

TNT ffo

Into the Mystic x Symphony of Praise) - Here's the seedling kay has been showing in its clump here. I pleased to see a few of the scapes have bud counts in the 20s. It hasn't done that since it was in the old seedling bed several years ago. It will be registered later this year.

Dancing Flamingo x Dearest Valentine - Yes, another DV kid. I was surprised to get blooms on this one. It was only one fan, and bugs destroyed all the buds. Also I thought this was going to be a yellow one. I guess the bugs stripped the rose pink color off the petals. In any case, the plant put up a rebloom scape. The flower took me by surprise yesterday because I didn't think it would bloom for at least a couple more days. The bloom is a large 7-incher.

Gypsy Cats, my 2019 intro, is gearing up for some floriferous clumps. The best scape I've seen so far has 29 buds, and several others have 25.

Joan Derifield has thrown some outstanding clumps this weekend. I'm very pleased with this plant.

Debra

Comments (14)