SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Food floof! Snapshot!

amylou321
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have fallen down the YouTube rabbit hole.

Somehow, I started watching the channel "ReacThing" which contains, among other videos, videos of a Korean woman in her 70s/80s trying different foods for the first time. Lots of it classified as "American." American snacks, soul food, breakfast, things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFO3DBafAYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnOzGRMPqi4

That led to the channel "Reactistan" which features people from another culture,i assume they are in Pakistan, given the name of the channel, (they are only describes as "tribal people" whatever that means) trying American and other foods for the first time. When i was watching some of these videos. i was thinking, "Why aren't they trying (whatever)?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR0WdzaWQYM

Which leads to the floof: Lets just say you were asked to consult on such a video. Lets assume for the purpose of floof that there are no dietary restrictions involved. Lets also assume that there are no restrictions as far as transporting or preparing the food. It will be presented just as YOU want it to be. What would you present as "typical" of whatever country you are from? Pick whatever food categories you like. Whatever you would want to share with someone from somewhere else.

Me: I was raised in the American South, by "Yankee" parents.

Snacks:

-Cheetos Puffs

-BBQ Pringles

-Double Stuff Oreos

-Dill Pickle Lays

-Nacho Cheese Doritos

-Fried cheese curds

-Triscuits with easy cheese(for shock factor!) CHEESE IN A CAN?!?!?!?

Breakfast:

-Biscuits and Gravy

-Pancakes and Bacon

- A "full" breakfast would be scrambled eggs with cheese, grits or rice, bacon, sausage, and buttery toast.

-I would throw in a Sausage egg and cheese McMuffin, because i love em,even though i haven't eaten one on many years.

Desserts:

-SOME kind of cobbler. Peach or cherry. With ice cream.

-Pumpkin Pie

-Brownie Sundae

-Homemade chocolate chip cookies

If i were asked to prepare a regional plate, i.e., southern, I think i would go with:

-Smothered or Fried Pork Chops

-Mac and Cheese

-Purple Hull or black eyed peas

-Creamed corn

-Cornbread

-Some kind of green, collard or turnip or cabbage.

(All homemade by me, of course)

Other:

-Classic pot roast, cooked in a dutch oven with potatoes and carrots

-A BBQ meal (not my favorite, but i would think important to give a whole snapshot)

-Chili

- Big fat cheeseburger and fries

This is not only inspired by the YouTube videos. Not long ago, a truck driver that comes in my workplace often who is originally from England went back to visit his daughter and brought me OODLES of British snacks. Some AMAZING, some, not so much (looking at you twiglets.) All of them interesting. I was amused at the different flavors of potato chips that are available and popular over there.

Anyway, you're up. What would be on your menu?

Comments (49)