SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffany_marciniak

beige spots and holes in rose leaves. please help

Tiffany
3 years ago

Hi. This is my first time growing roses. I planted 2 New Dawns and 2 Edens which I purchased from Heirloom. I planted them about a month ago. About a week or 2 ago I noticed some beige spots on the leaves. It was just a little bit so I thought maybe the plants were just adjusting. Now the problem is a bit worse as well as a lot of the leaves look like they are being chewed from the inside out, as there are little holes in a lot of the leaves. (Photos attached)

Do you know what is happening and how I can correct the problems? The roses get lots of water and sun. I use drip irrigation, so they are watered at the base and not from top (except of course for when it rains). I followed the you tube video from heirloom when planting and used their aged cow manure in bottom of hole, then mixed bone meal with the filler soil and watered with their fish fertilizer that I mixed with a few gallons of water. Since then I have not fertilized, only watered.

Please help! I’m trying so hard to do right by these roses and am heartbroken that they aren’t doing well Located in Hinsdale,IL just outside Chicago.

Comments (27)