SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

My New Favorite Game -- Pantry Inventory App

plllog
3 years ago

I started my Spring cleaning as the Summer solstice came on. Losing the rhythm of going to the grocery stores and interacting with the wares, added to the unsurety of actually receiving what one orders, and the cognitive difference between shopping and bringing it home and ordering it and just putting it away. I was losing track entirely! And my pantry was a mess! (No, that's not ants. No that's not critter poo. It's just about a tablespoon of poppy seeds that escaped the bag you tore!).

I thought I'd better make a list, but didn't like the over-simplicity of my recipe app's pantry section. I found an app just for pantries, with crowd sourced items and easy additions of the kind of weird stuff I have. It's tricky to find advanced functions, but dead easy to get started. It's called Pantry Check. Some of you probably have used it. It has photos, you can take and share your own photo, and even edit the photo, show how much you've used up, make notes per item, etc. I could wish it had a size field, but I think those aren't always specified, and easy enough to put in the notes, if the size isn't right there in the photo. It really could use some instructions, but keep pushing buttons and it's pretty self-explanatory.

I keep telling myself I'm going to take a day off and cook something (last night was sandwiches), but I think I'm just addicted to this game. The time it takes for the Cushy Cupboards liners to dry is well more than long enough to find dates on items and write them big in purple, as well as the contents on the tops, so I can see what things are from above. I've done the whole grains shelves, and all the bottles and cans, and now have to get into the pasta and rice, and baking supplies. Oy! Then there are the uppers, wine/liquor, spices, baking corner... And remembering to take away things as I use them. I have too much jam!

So much just now is beyond one's control. The cleaning is very satisfying, especially as things get rearranged from where there was room to with like items. Having the record in the app is proof. Just looking at all my listings is very satisfying. :D

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996