SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

The Last New Seedling for 2020 and a Few Others

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The last seedling that had a scape for this season bloomed over the weekend. Since it had such great plant habits (at least 27 buds and five-way branching), I was anxious to see the bloom. What I got was a 5.5 inch light yellow with a gradient eye of blue purple, navy blue and lighter blue. It had a matching blue purple picotee edge.

(Karelia x Palace Garden Beauty) x This Longing #3

The bad news is that eye was all purple by noon that day. As the temps went up to the 90s, the eye lost its blue. I don't know if I'll ever see it with those bluesy colors again. I suspect they were the result of the cool spell. I'm looking forward to seeing what subsequent blooms look like.

This is another Skin of My Teeth kid that opened last week. It's had three blooms, but two were very splotchy. It has great purple color and a very nice edge. The bloom is 7+ inches.

This one is Biltmore Style x Cool Hand Luke. It bloomed on the last cool day last week. I think it will improve in the heat.

Buddy's Victoria Jade x Skin of My Teeth #3 - I find it interesting that I got no seedlings with teeth from this cross, and two eyed and edged offspring.

(Alan Lane Agin X Cosmic Sensation) x Midnight Castle - When this seedling bloomed last year I was so disappointed with it that I didn't even take its picture.. It had very reddish lavender color and no teeth. Well, the color improved, and it grew some teeth on that edge. I'm paying a lot more attention to it this season.

Debra

Comments (10)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor