Ecoli in ground beef - recall- Walmart and others
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
Related Discussions
is soy sauce necessary for beef jerky?
Comments (30)My personal POV, when it comes to home-canning fish and meat, I wonder at the balance between, on the one hand, the energy expended and the deterioration in the nutritional quality of the product being pressure cooked for 110 minutes, or just freezing the stuff. I should think there must be some deterioration in the quality of the essential amino acids within the protein. I did a stint, many years ago, formulating and preparing animal feeds. The cooking time is kept to a minimum for this reason. So, I just freeze it. I once caught several hundred lbs of tuna, and as I like the taste of canned tuna and there is just so much sashimi a guy can eat in a few days, I proceeded to water-bath it for 20 minutes or so to get that flavor, and then froze the jars. I got kinda sick of canned tuna as well...See MoreParker's Farm products Recall
Comments (1)bumping for anyone who didn't see it first time around...See MoreE. Coli in Massachuesetts Whole Foods Ground Beef
Comments (16)I am with Annie and Laceyvail on this one. Beef is actually a very efficient use of resources provided it is grass fed and finished. Cattle can graze on grass grown in a field that is not suitable to grow other crops. Small scale production of beef fed what they are supposed to eat is not a risk for e-coli, is high in the good fats we all should be eating, does not produce toxic waste but fertilizer instead and is not inhumane. I have gotten to the point that I will not buy supermarket beef. I just got back from vacation and we eat local sea food the whole week. What a delicious way to stand up for what i believe in. As all the health scares occur i feel very happy to live in VT where we can eat almost only small farm produced food. The last few years have seen me happily eating and serving spinach, beef tomatoes etc as here we have a thriving small local agricultural food structure. -Robin...See MoreWalmart's meat department.....
Comments (48)I guess I am going to die. LOL I just fixed myself a Walmart pork chop for my dinner. To add to the horror I used Idaho flaked potatoes and had some frozen vegetables that include (the horror,the horror) water chestnuts from China. Cooking for one tonight. Tomorrow I will take the left over potatoes and make potato patties to have with eggs and bacon for breakfast. Seriously, boxed meet is boxed meat whether it is in Walmart or a regular grocer. I don't care for any boxed beef cuts so other than burger or cheap cuts for marinating, I prefer to go to a meat market.Once in a while I will see a nice steak that is packaged that slipped through the cracks. I like Costco's ribeyes too. But red meat took a dive in quality as far back as the late 70's. That is when the healthy eating nuts wanted leaner beef. Then they finished the job with the grass fed malarkey....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

GREEN BUILDINGThe Big Freeze: Inventors Break New Ground to Keep Things Cool
Old-fashioned fridges can be energy guzzlers, but there are more eco-friendly ways of keeping food fresh, as these global innovations show
Full Story
FUN HOUZZDon’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESInterior Design Trends Expected to Take Hold in 2018
Get the lowdown on the colors, materials and other design decisions gaining steam now
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIESGardening for the Bees, and Why It’s a Good Thing
When you discover how hard bees work for our food supply, you may never garden without them in mind again
Full Story
TINY HOUSESHouzz Tour: A Custom-Made Tiny House for Skiing and Hiking
Ethan Waldman quit his job, left his large house and spent $42,000 to build a 200-square-foot home that costs him $100 a month to live in
Full Story
PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Popular Home Design Trends — Timely or Timeless?
Weigh in on whether these of-the-moment decorating elements will have staying power or become a memory of these times
Full Story
BOOKSCan Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
SAVING WATER11 Ways to Save Water at Home
Whether you live in a drought-stricken area or just want to help preserve a precious resource, here are things you can do to use less water
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations

LoneJack Zn 6a, KC