SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Need Help with Bath Renovation Layout

moosemac
3 years ago

I would appreciate your help with the layout for a bath renovation. The area is 9 feet by 10 feet 10 inches. Below is the current layout. FYI the door is a pocket door. The coat closet is huge and just a catchall, especially the 3 feet of cave that are on the outside wall. The linen closet is huge and again a catchall for everything under the sun.

My hope is the space can be reconfigured as follows:

· Leaving the vanity where it is but make it a double vanity.

· Leaving the toilet in its current location maybe move it a couple inches towards the outside wall.

· Recapture some of the coat closet space and incorporating it into the bath.

· Delete or relocate and severely decrease, the size of the linen closet. There is a closet directly across the hall from the bathroom that is available to be a linen closet.

· A tub/shower combination

· Laundry closet/area for large capacity and washer dryer not stackable. Preferably accessible from the hallway. (I have the appliances so I would like to use them.)

· A small coat closet in the foyer.

The window cannot be changed (brick exterior). Baseboard heat will be coming out and changed to radiant floor heat. This is a first floor bath with unfinished basement below so easy access to plumbing.

We currently have this bath and a half bath/laundry room. With 5 of us in the house, one shower is not enough. If I can relocate the washer and dryer from the half bath, then I can add a shower to the half bath which will be a separate project.

Thank you for your help.

Oops just noticed I forgot the toilet. It is next to the vanity under the window.

Comments (4)