SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cg266

Pool design ideas for L-shaped yard

cg266
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have a smallish developed backyard. We actually have a fairly large property but most is undeveloped and wooded. We would love to one day install a pool towards the back of the house, possibly an infinity pool to due the view of the woods and drop in elevation. I’m torn because of the layout of our backyard though. It’s an L-shape so if we install the pool in the back I’m not sure how to connect it to the rest of the yard so it doesn’t look random. We want to keep some of the grass for a play area for the kids and we don’t necessarily want the pool to be the focal point, but we want a backyard oasis type of vibe. We’re open and I welcome your thoughts. My husband wants to keep the shed and the thought would be to put the pool where the wood fencing is, knowing we will need to cut down some of the trees. Thoughts and ideas? I’m a visual person so I’m struggling envisioning what this would look like. Thanks in advance!

We would love to expand the yard into the light grassy area too.

View from behind the fence.

Here’s a Google Earth view of the property. It’s an L-shaped ranch. FYI our kitchen and family room are tucked back by the patio area (left side). The master bedroom and office are on the side that juts out towards the backyard. There’s currently no entry to the backyard from the bedroom but we’ve thought about adding one to our master bedroom.

Comments (6)