SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlgreen113

Going nuts picking a white paint for walls!!

Mark
3 years ago

I'm having the hardest time picking paint for my small condo. This will be a whole house color. Walls are currently Repose Gray. Kinda over gray walls, they're pretty somber for Wisconsin where we have long winters. I'm trying to brighten my whole home. Going for a modern somewhat Scandinavian. My place doesn't get much natural light overall. Flooring in pic below will also be changed and lvp ran through the entire house (sample below). Current decor is staying and style is pretty consistent though out home to what is pictured. I've narrowed it down to Oxford White, Simply White, White Dove, Pure White, and Chantilly Lace. I like crisp white trim so if I go with one of the warmer colors (Simply White or White Dove) trim and ceiling will be SW Extra White. If I go with one of the other truer whites walls, ceiling and trim will be same color but different sheen. At this point I'm stumped, do I want a warm white or a cool white? Art and decor are obviously on the cool side but the flooring is a light buttery brown on the warm side.

Top from left to right: SW Pure White, BM Chantilly Lace, BM Oxford White

Bottom from left to right: SW Zurich White (too dark), BM Simply White, BM White Dove

Flooring

Comments (25)