SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_bercury

Help! I think I made a mistake with super white trim. Wall color?

Kate B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

For South-facing rooms in 1990s New England colonial, we are installing light wood-look floors (this is not our house):

And I want it to look bright and modern, so I went with Super White for trim. Now I'm stuck on wall color because I don't want it to be drab, or too dark, or too stark. I've spent too much on samples and tried a range of griege colors to whites but the ones that look most harmonious also feel blah. Here are the rooms we are painting--master bedroom (faces south and east) (keeping the white bedding and headboard):

Summer Morning

Early Summer Afternoon

Fall morning

Hallway exiting master bedroom. At the end of the hall is a bedroom in BM Anderson Blue.

And the adjacent space above the front door that flows down to the entryway. Early afternoon. The wood bannisters are going to be handled in one way or another--probably a dark gel stain. The whole floor (and eventually the whole house) will have the same wood-look floors.

The third bedroom off the hall is BM Newburg Green, with the BM Super White trim.

Stairway. Thinking Super White for the spindles and dark gel stain for the oak.

So if you got this far and remember the original question--it's wall color for the entryway, stairwell, and upstairs hall area, and wall color for the master bedroom. Open to painting or staining the many doors in this area as well. I've tried: SW Alabaster, Westhighland White, Pavestone, and Pussywillow. And 2 BM beiges that had a green undertone. Of these, Alabaster is the only one that is a possibility. Suggestions welcome!

Comments (2)