SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - Su 5/31

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago

Sunday free for all...

It's also National Utah day. Unfortunately, my shots of Zion and Bryce are all pre-digital.

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (42)

• OklaMoni
    3 years ago

My all time favorite sunset picture at Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City.

• Elizabeth
    3 years ago

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

The last performance before the March shut-down. I debated whether I should attend or not but the audience was sparse and we could safely spread out - and I love the pipes and drums.

• dee_can1
    3 years ago

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

I love trucks and was so excited when a number of them came and lined up to do work on our street.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    3 years ago

A view of Tuscany in autumn

• Lars
    3 years ago

Zion National Park

• eld6161
    3 years ago

• dedtired
    3 years ago

Saw this weed growing through a crack in a parking lot and thought “now that is persistence.”

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Maire_cate, I saw The Chieftans many years ago when I lived in San Francisco. I love their music. It's very stirring.

• Michael
    3 years ago

I had breakfast on the front porch this morning....with a visitor.

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Eld, I'm trying to figure out your pic. An orchid growing in a lake?

• bbstx
    3 years ago

Street Market in Rome. May 2018

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Jasdip, someone in the community hangs theses baskets of orchids

• DawnInCal
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Houzz wouldn't let me post pics yesterday, so today I am posting the photo I intended to share yesterday. I love petunias. They are very forgiving of gardeners with black thumbs - like me!

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

Moni - that is a beautiful shot, I can see why it's a favorite.

Eld - the first time I saw your photo I didn't realize that it was a basket, I thought it was a fence on the shoreline. The fact that someone goes around and hangs these in your neighborhood is lovely.

Murraysmom - When I bought the tickets I was afraid that it would be Paddy Moloney's last visit since the tour was titled The Irish Goodbye. They've been coy about answering that question but I still wonder. Traditionally an Irish Goodbye is when someone leaves a gathering without saying farewell - so I figured if I wanted to see them again I'd better go. I'm glad I did, it was great craic!

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

• glenda_al
    3 years ago

I like free for all days!

One of my favorites from cruising days.

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

I have to take advantage of a free-for-all.

My cast iron pizza pan "finally" arrived after ordering it on May 3rd.

I'm happy because I have another cooking vessel, and BUD is happy because he gets a new box!! I heard a bunch of paper rustling and sure enough! LOL

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

Anyone know what kind of moth this is? It was resting in the grass like it may have just emerged from it's cocoon.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

Took these yesterday, rare for her to stay sitting long enough to get a photo.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    3 years ago

A hot air balloon that sailed by this morning

• User
    3 years ago

I may have to buy a second bird bath.....

they don’t seem keen on taking a dip in this one any more.

• marilyn_c
    3 years ago

Sabrina (black mule) and Gypsy (white mare). Best forever friends.

• Michele
    3 years ago

Once or twice my hubs and I would go to a game. I miss baseball.

• OklaMoni
    3 years ago

maddie, try a shallow pan, sort of like what goes under a plant in a pot... put some pebbles in.... and see what happens. Both my sister and I have luck with that.

Moni

• User
    3 years ago

Oh thank you OklaMoni! I’ll give it a try.

• roy4me
    3 years ago

Grandpa and Jake

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

We love Utah. Took a 4WD trip out of Kanab to a remote part of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon about 5 years ago. Very memorable day.

Then on to Bryce Canyon, another favorite hiking spot.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

Utah is a truly beautiful state. It's been many years since I have been there but it is very memorable. No longer have any of those photos.

• Michele
    3 years ago

Daughter took this of Luna

• aok27502
    3 years ago

Grandpa and Jake made me smile.

• Michele
    3 years ago

That picture....I can feel the love they have for each other from here!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I used to put a single large rock in the middle of my birdbath that was just above water level and had a sloping side on it and they seemed to like that. Sort of like a ramp into the pool IYKWIM.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

lgmd, your moth appears to be a tetracis cachexiata. White Slant-Line.

• User
    3 years ago

I guess those sloping sides of my birdbath are helping the bees have somewhere to land and then easily rest to do their drinking. I like the thought of busy bees having a local oasis, and I’ve even carried out rescues of those that get stranded in the middle, albeit I’m not prepared to carry out all day vigils, so there have been a few floating casualties to empty out over the last few weeks😢😉

I’ll definitely try your kind suggestions and see how things pan out. I adore watching birds have a bath, and as the weather warms up I’ll feel bad if their usual pampering pool isn’t available to them. I’ve even seen them line up along the fence top waiting impatiently to hop in when it’s been at maximum capacity from other bathers before. It’s an amusing and lovely sight.

Michele, Luna is one of the most beautiful cats I’ve ever seen. I‘ve loved seeing your photo updates.

• Michele
    3 years ago

Thanks! I will tell my daughter. She adopted Luna while she’s been cooped up working from home.

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

Thanks, murrysmom, I did search the internet, but did not see the Slant-Line. With all the yard cruising I do looking for things that move, I have never seen one before.