SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Need inexpensive flat sheets - not sheet sets

bbstx
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am giving my step-son a white comforter that I bought and have no use for (why is a long story that is not pertinent to this question). He is single, not a good housekeeper, and has a dog that probably sleeps on the bed. Needless to say, the comforter is going to be trash if it doesn’t have a cover that can be taken off and washed easily.

I once saw Martha Stewart make duvet covers out of sheets. Her reason was that sheets are easily washed and do no add substantial weight to the comforter.

I’ve looked at Wal-mart and Target for flat sheets. Wal-mart carries individual flat sheets but they don’t ship them. The only color choices available in my local store are aqua or white with pastel triangles. I’m looking for brown, navy, or grey.

Target has some duvet covers that are not bad, but the backside is white. Nope.

I thought about Ikea, but their textiles are frequently 100% cotton, which I would prefer but I would iron them. I think the cover will be a wrinkled mess when DSS washes it then leaves it in the dryer for a week.

Any suggestions for sheets or inexpensive duvet covers, preferable with a little bit of polyester to hold down the wrinkles. Also, I need to be able to have the good shipped to me.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Lastime Roofing-Siding-Gutters
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Omaha's Preferred Roofing Experts Since 1997 | Best of Houzz