SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalbestyears

Friends, I could use some help....

Bestyears
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

As I've shared here recently, my eighty-year-old mother has been in a nursing home since last spring after a lengthy hospital stay left her weak and unable to take of her daily needs. My worst fear has now come true. My mother was transported to the hospital yesterday, and now we know she has COVID. As with the many examples we have all read about, this nursing home got its first case less than ten days ago, and now more than a dozen residents and another dozen workers are listed as suspected or confirmed COVID positive. When your loved one is in the most dire straits of her life, it goes against everything you hold dear to not run to them. It feels completely inhumane to be asked to stay away, knowing that she must be feeling completely vulnerable and scared to death, and is spending these horrible moments among strangers. I'm trying so hard to remain hopeful. Please send good energy, thoughts, prayers, anything you can to my sweet mom who is in the fight of her life all by herself at a hospital in Ohio.

Comments (107)