SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notthemarinebiologist

I'm back with some sad looking mint plants that could use help

Art Vandelay
5 years ago

I couldn't stay away for long it would appear!

A kind friend who took pity on me and my plant growing shambles bought me a pot filled with various mint & spearmint herbs growing. When it arrived, it looked perky and happy (I don't have a before picture sadly) and now it's losing leaves, turning yellow and drooping. It's not major, but I can see something has changed for the plant and it's not too happy. Some of the stems have turned black (not in the pics), more still look green and healthy. I've checked for bugs and I can't see any. Since it arrived with me its soil has remained moist, but not drenched. Initially it was in a very sunny location (east facing balcony) but I've since moved it to a less bright location, as I thought it may be scorching in the sun. It's still on the east facing balcony but in a shadier spot.

I'm in the UK, in zone 9.

I've read that it prefers an east facing location, and that how I'm caring for it is fine, however the plant is telling me another story.

I'm thinking I should remove it from the pot it's currently in, and check to see if there's rot or some such going on? And repot what's salvageable, at present it seems a fair amount. Is there anything else I should be doing or looking out for?

Comments (19)