SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_lorenzo62

Botched Tile: how should I ask contractor to fix this mistake?

Esther Lorenzo
3 years ago

Hi there, our contractor has done a good job overall on a partial kitchen, bath and basement remodel/finishing project. However, I am concerned about a few things. I will post a separate post about another concern regarding this tile job. This post is regarding 2 holes (he made a mistake when drilling for the shower curtain), and some chips made around the tub spout. He seems to have covered the mistakes with grout and sealed with some white epoxy? I pointed to one of the holes and specifically asked what happened. He just went on to the next topic and did not answer me, putting me in the uncomfortable position of bringing it up again. Given that he didn't want to discuss it the first time, I feel that I need to be prepared the second time with options of how I would like him to fix it. What should I ask him to do? How difficult would it be to remove a couple tiles and re-do those? We have plenty extra left over from the job. Or is there an easier fix that would be less obvious? Some kind of enamel that could be a better color and texture match to this just slightly off-white tile? After paying through the nose for this remodel it's tough when mistakes are made that impact the quality/look of things right off the bat. He has been paid for 90% of the work but we haven't written the last check yet as he has a number of other odds and ends to wrap up. Advice?

Comments (6)