SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_782425713

Rustic living room: which fabric for sofa (tan or truffle)?

Amy Schrader
3 years ago

I am looking for advice regarding sofa color choice. I included 2 photos below of our current living room as well as 2 fabric swatches that I like. We plan to move the sectional upstairs, and remove the current recliner & large metal bookcase from the living room. For our new layout, I have picked out an upholstered sofa by King Hickory to be placed along the wall (where the bookcase & recliner are currently), and plan to purchase 2 leather push back recliners to be placed where the long portion of the sectional is currently (when you enter our home from the foyer).

I am completely overwhelmed by looking at fabric swatches. I originally planned to go with a lighter khaki or tan sofa. But we have both brown & black dogs. Although they are not allowed on the furniture, they do rub against it. And I've noticed that if they lay their heads on the sofa to be pet, the dark hair shows on my current sectional.

Question: I included two fabric options that I like. The first option is a truffle color with flecks of tan. Dog hair doesn't show at all, but is it too dark in our space? The second option is a soft khaki, but I fear that I will be battling dog hair. Which would you choose: truffle or khaki? Thank you!

Comments (5)