SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Cancelled my daughter's wedding celebration

sleeperblues
3 years ago

My DD got married in November, just a small ceremony with very close family members. Her husband is British, and once he got his visa they needed to marry in 90 days. They have been together for 4 years, so it wasn't a quickie wedding, lol. We had a celebration planned at our home under a tent in the front yard for all of her friends and extended family. The date was to be July 25th, and we had several family members traveling internationally to be here in Wisconsin. It was a mutual decision by everyone involved, we were really nervous for our international guests to be on a long plane ride, and also not even sure if they could be here due to restrictions which have not been loosened yet. My heart breaks to cancel the caterer, party planner, cake, bar tender, DJ, and all of the accommodations we arranged, but we couldn't hold the party in good conscience. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to convince her to not reschedule for next summer, and give her the money instead since they just bought a new house. Have you had to cancel any plans that you were really looking forward to, or are you forging ahead?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES