SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannon_gw

Daughter's Wedding Reception- please help me!

cannon
18 years ago

I have never been responsible for anything like this before now. My daughter is having a rather large wedding- expecting around 120+ guests at the reception. Although the wedding is leaning towards formal, the reception will be less formal with one of our friends catering barbeque.

The Wedding & Groom's cake should be very elegant. I have rented table linen, a champagne fountain, a four-tier silver plater to place ?something? in but that is about it.

I don't know the first thing about preparing party foods but I am going to need a crash course. I can see myself preparing a raw vegetable tray but I need a dip recipe.

I would like a fruit tray but what looks the best & is there a trick to keeping the fruit fresh. Fruit dep recipe?

There are so many great foods- stuffed mushrooms, clam rolls, shrimp cocktail, different cheeses & crackers & the list goes on. The problem is...I don't know how to prepare anything. Is there a book someone has used & can recommend? Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to prepare foods they think would be appropriate? How far in advance can I prepare these items?

I hope this is the right forum to reach someone who is talented in catering parties & entertaining. Wish I could just hire someone but that is not a financial option. Thanks!

Comments (13)

Sponsored