SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
banks5309

Looking for lots of advice and help please

Hope
4 years ago

Good morning,

I am in desperate need of help and guidance as I am very uncertain how to proceed with paint colours as there are so many options and shades. My mother has been following this forum for years and tells me how helpful and wonderful the community is so here I am.

We moved into our first home 10 years ago. It is a semi detached house facing east but zone 4 so never scorching hot. The sun hits the front in the morning and by noon/1pm it's on the side then the back as the day goes on. The pictures here were taking around 4pm on a sunny day. The roof, front door, garage door, flower box and shutters were all Kelly Green when we bought it - I never liked it at all but was patiently waiting till the roof needed redoing to change the colour.

That day came last fall and our roof is now a two tone black. Hallelujah the green is on its way out! Everything needs an overhaul. I realize that there are thousands of different shades of the colours we are interested in so I am hoping that I can get guidance and suggestions from this community.

I am looking for paint colour suggestions for the following:

- Stucco: Grey (not sure if it should pale or dark? I don't know what would look best) It's very difficult to picture.

- Front door: Red

- The rest (Garage door, shutters and flower box): Black

By the way, our neighbour is on the same page as us and will be painting at the same time (the same colours) as us to maintain the look of the houses given that we are attached.

Thank you so much in advance. I can't wait to read the suggestions you have.

Comments (84)