SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scrappy25

More kitchen plans- please help me choose (lots to look at)

scrappy25
14 years ago

Several weeks ago, i got a lot of help choosing between layouts for a kitchen addition. (orignal thread linked below). There was a general consensus on the "D" layout. I have put those through the Ikea planner software mainly because that is the only free software I can figure out how to use, although it has some limitations.

Here is the last variation of "D" by bmorepanic

Here are the 2-D plans that I mocked up. The horizontal aisle widths are all 42 inches and there is 54 inches in the vertical aisle behind the island seating (generally between the fridge and seats) in all plans, with 48 inches on the other vertical aisle beside the island (generally between the range and the island). The "double ovens" are in the plan but I am undecided whether to have a slide in range with included ovens, or just a range top with a separate double oven. The under counter oven in the island is a Sharp microwave drawer. There is also a rolling cart (2x2 feet) under the counter in the island. The island counter looks like it is two heights but it will only be a single height - limiteations of the Ikea software.In the following posts I will also post the 3-D perspectives for the plans. Please share what you think will work.

Plan 1

The right side "wall of tall" really doesn't work with the corner cabinet here but I included this since I had thought about it. Perhaps a variation would work better.

Plan 2

Works better than Plan 1. Both give a large combined Butlers Pantry/ beverage center by the eating area. Large broom closet space by pantry on right in this plan.

Plan 3

Lines up the "wall of tall" on the left, makes a smaller butlers pantry but creates a separate beverage center on the left.

Plan 4

Like Plan 3 (Lines up the "wall of tall" on the left, makes a smaller butlers pantry but creates a separate beverage center on the left) but also includes a storage closet by the door to the new screened room on the back wall. The window is a little smaller.

Plan 5

Moves the fridge to the right, slightly better access from the family room and kitchen table, switches screened door storage closet with double ovens. The double ovens do not have high traffic in front of them since you only stand there when you are putting things in or taking out, so I am not too worried about it being right beside the door to the screened porch. This layout best reduces congestion behing the island seating.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scrappy25 original link for layout help

Comments (11)