SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_774925188

corner livingroom, floor-to-ceiling windows, where to put couch & TV?

HU-774925188
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My partner and I use the TV pretty extensively, gaming, watching shows, netflix, etc, and plan to have a 3-seat sofa or a sectional. We only host friends over for dinner every other month. This is our first apartment that has a nice view, and corner unit.

Should we put the TV against the wall and have our sofa's back to the windows? or should we have the TV by the windows?

A typical way to do it is to have the TV against the wall, pretty expected, with our couch's back to the windows, but when we watch TV, our eyes easily can see the entrance to the living room. My other consideration is that probably make sense to "take in" the premium floor-to-ceiling window and have our eye travel far when sitting in the living room (so we don't feel claustrophobic looking facing the wall, as the unit is pretty tight). However, I read that having the back of your couch towards the entrance of the living room might induce feeling of insecurity or subconsciously not being able to relax as we'd always be 'on guard' in case someone comes from behind. Any suggestions would be welcomed!!

Thank you!

Chris

Comments (4)