SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bragu

So, how was YOUR day?

bragu_DSM 5
3 years ago

So, I had an eventful day which could have been much much worse.

UPS came and delivered a package on the front steps. Did not put shoes on, just had my socks. I stepped on the door threshold, and with my sock, it was slippery...

yeah, you guessed it.

the next thing I know, my right foot went down hard and slipped between the four-step pre-cast [heavy] solid cement steps and the house. I was stuck, and thought I broke my ankle, or even my leg.

I was wedged in a space my foot normally would not have fit into, much narrower than the two bones [maliars] that stick out on both sides of the ankle. The more I moved, the deeper my right leg went in, to just above the shin.

I ended up having to call 911.

I won't tell you about the S T U P I D dispatcher. I told them what happened and told them to bring a come-along or the jaws of life [ to help move the cement steps].

The cops came, the ambulance came, a firetruck came. Everyone in town has a scanner. So there were the drive-by folks.

They showed up with nothing except a pry bar. Four guys couldn't budge the steps with the bar.

I told them where my pry bar was and then, between the two bars, and five guys, and my sand shovel, they managed to nudge the cement step about a half inch forward, and I was able to be extracted.

SO a bumpy ambulance ride and some downtime in the ER later, finally got an x-ray/s and determined nothing was broken. I do have a massive bruise on the inside of my right shin where I was wedged against the cement, and some scrapes and cuts on the outside of my right leg where I scraped against the metal siding of the house.

Of course, being the semi-retired former editor of the local paper and getting wedged between his front steps and the house is a REAL ego booster.

I can just imagine the next coffee break at the cop shop, the ambulance garage and the firehouse.

This is gonna take a while to heal ... I mean live down.

And my leg still hurts, but at least it isn't broke. It should look lovely tomorrow.

So, how was YOUR DAY?

*bruised ego bragu*

... and I still don't like red wine.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus