SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beeselena

BM Paper White VS Dove white with natural, 100+ year old floors

Sel Bee
3 years ago

Just moved into an old fixer-upper and sanded down all of the wood floors on the second floor. Don't know a ton about wood types, but we suspect they are either pine or ash. The house is 100+ years old, and this flooring is original. We are going to finish it with a water-based clear coat so the color remains as close to what is pictured as possible.

Having a hard time deciding on a color. The lighting isn't very good, especially in the green wallpapered room (south facing room), so I was thinking of going super light, high LRV with an eggshell finish.

I have always done gray, and usually stuck to cooler undertones, but I think I am looking to go a little warmer (and lighter) in this house.

Here are the rooms and floors in question, still in the process of being sanded:

Room 1, south-facing:

Room 2 and 3, both north-facing:

I'm either going to remove or whitewash the wood on the wall in room 3.

The walls are plaster, with several layers of wallpaper that has, of course, been painted over. I am hoping to restore the original plaster, and possibly install some wainscoting. It all depends on the condition of the plaster.

We are trying to keep things light and bright, and looking to find a balance between "rustic" and elegant in these bedrooms.

All colors I have been considering:

BM paper white

BM pale oak

BM classic gray

BM dove white

BM intense white

Comments (2)