SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkayetwvz5

Just a touch of gold...

lkayetwvz5
4 years ago

I planted 25 hostas this spring. I wanted a yellow/chartreuse but I kept procrastinating because I was afraid in the middle of summer it would just look sickly even if it was healthy. I also read an article on Houzz that said one yellow hosta was too distracting within a mass planting of hostas. So I didn't order any yellow and figured I would give more time to see if I could find one in person to decide about the color. I had to go out this week to get plumbing supplies and I stopped at one of my favorite albeit expensive nurseries since it was devoid of customers. They had a huge pot of All Gold for $29 and I thought I could split that pot and have one at each end of my row and see how I liked it. But as I looked down the aisle I saw this pot all by itself for $9 and it was Maui Buttercups. I never thought I would find that one in any of our local stores! I am going to use it next to that heuchera to transition out from under the shade. I do like the color and now I am wondering if I should have bought the All Gold as well. I couldn't find a lot of info on it so it must be one of the older ones. Do any of you have pictures of older specimens of All Gold in a mixed grouping?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County