SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piaa

Please help with 1925 kitchen layout .... I'm stuck

piaa
3 years ago

Hi everyone … please forgive the really bad sketches they are not to scale but will give you a rough idea what I am talking about.

We are remodeling a 1925 Spanish and we have very little wiggle room on layout so trying to make the best of what we have to deal with. Today I figured out having the island where I originally had planned would not work due to fridge placement so I have had to move the island to line up with the edge of the cabinet run (not ideal but it’s the best of the worst situation) so my question is…

1. Would you keep the stove (36” Wolf most likely) centered on the wall and have the sink centered in the island but they would NOT line up (I have seen this but I’m also trying to picture 2 over island pendant lights and the exhaust over the stove and thinking it will look really off)

or

2. Move the stove so it centers with the sink but then we only have about 27” from the end of the counter but they will be in line.

The island will house a 24” dishwasher, a 24” speed oven and a 27” sink (in a 30” base cabinet) and I am open to any placement in the island for a better layout - the end of the counter is open to the dining table/dining space.

We can’t really move any of the other appliances (except for the placement of those in the island) due to very limited space - as it is we only have 38” between the stove and island and 38” between the island and pantry wall - I know, definitely way less than ideal but it’s either that or no island and dead wasted space of 9’6” between the stove and pantry wall and then no counter space on the stove wall because we need to house a sink, dishwasher and microwave - as I said 1925 home and trying to make the best of a small space (not my dream kitchen layout but it will be better than what we have now)

Thank you for helping.

Comments (4)