SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marc_johnson9001805

2020 Summer: Miele or Bosch

Marc Johnson
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone! Long time no post ... haven't been here in a few years since the kitchen re-do of 2014!

Since then, I've learned a lot.

1. LG gas ranges are SHITE! We ended up replacing ours after 2 years and went with a Samsung (double oven). Better, but not perfect.

2. LG Dishwashers are not much better. We've already had 2 pumps and 2 drain hoses... it's not cleaning well, and I'm done with it. We're in the process of replacing hot water tank for tankless and putting in a conditioning system to help with our insane hard water (16 gr/gal) which has been building scale on every appliance.

I'm looking at Miele (Dimension) or Bosch 800 Crystal Dry. Either will be a massive upgrade, and I'm trying to get a handle on if the Miele is worth the extra $500. I'm also wondering if I should try to hold out for the next-gen Miele 7000 which appears to not be available in the US just yet.

Hoping folks can help guide me on their experiences with those two brands, and specifically on Miele Crystal vs. Dimension differences. My interest in the Dimension is around the better racking (more flexibility). I've gone through the many threads from 2016-2019, and wanted to see if there is more up to date info here.

Thanks - MUCH - in advance for your inputs! I have learned so much from this community and truly value it!

Comments (18)