SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forever_now

Porcelain/enamel repair kit suggestion for my Kohler Cast Iron Sink?

Forever Now
3 years ago

Not long after we installed our Kohler Cast Iron undermount apron front sink last fall I found a small hairline scratch. It was very odd because it was in an area where I usually kept a plastic sponge caddy attached (the kind with suction cups). I have no idea what caused it, we've always tried to be very careful and the rest of the sink looks perfect. I suspect when I had a BIL visiting he'd bought this frying pan with a sharp metal handle and it is low enough it might have slide under the caddy. Anyway, originally I wasn't even sure it was a scratch, it was small, thin and I couldn't feel and indentation. Its gotten worse recently though, spreading out and discoloring and I can definitely feel it now. I called Kohler who will send us a replacement under warranty but I am not ready to go that route yet as the effort and cost of removing the faucet and quartz countertop would be higher than I want right now, we're not even done with the full kitchen remodel yet!

Has anyone used a enamel/porcelain repair kit they would recommend trying? I'm less concerned about looks as I always have my caddy there and don't see this regularly, and more concerned about stopping any spreading. Since Kohler has assured me that I can choose to get a replacement for this at anytime I figure anything I try that might fix it would just be a bonus. Thanks!

Here's some pictures of it:

Comments (18)