SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
armonie_boucharens

Money tree mailed to me has leaves dropping and blisters/white spots

Armonie B
4 years ago

Hi,

My mother-in-law mailed me a money tree plant via Amazon a week ago, and the plant doesn't seem to have enjoyed the ride (to say the least!). Its leaves are dropping and there are some blisters/white spots on some of the leaves.

I have noticed that the pot doesn't have any draining holes, so I ordered a new self aerating pot and high draining reservoir/humidity tray. I also have purchased some new soil for tropical plants with perlites. I am expecting the soil and pot to come sometime this week/beginning of next week.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong and what steps I need to take to ensure it lives?

See below photos and answers:

• Is your plant near a window? Yes, on top of my fridge near the window located south.
  • Are there curtains or blinds? Are those closed very often? No blinds and no curtains.
  • What direction does that window face? South
  • Do you have any additional light support? No
  • What sort of airflow does your plant have? A little bit of airflow from A/C during the night and from the window during the day.
  • What is your watering regimen? How often? Based on what? I usually wait for the few inches of the plant to dry before watering it. I gave him a glass of water but realized that tap filtered water doesn't seem to be the best so I bought some distilled water.
  • How about fertilizing, what are you doing with that? Not yet. Should I do it during the summer? What brands do you recommend?
  • Have there been any new plant additions to the house? Yes, I have some schefflera, roses, snake plants, juniper, kalanchoe. Most of them are fine except for my money tree and juniper
  • Has your plant spent any time outside recently? No, my plants are indoors.
  • How long have you had this plant? For a week
  • What soil are you using? It seems to be a peat moss soil. it seems very light at first sight.
  • What is the root situation? Lots of room for more, rootbound, somewhere in between? I haven't checked the roots yet.
  • Do you have pets or pests that may have gotten to the plants? No pets
  • Any insects that appear to be colonizing your plant? Not at first sight
  • *Almost forgot temperature. What temperatures does it experience throughout the day and night? Throughout the day and night, it's around the 70-80s. I live in Central Florida and the weather is hot and humid.

Pictures:

Comments (2)