SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Barn coat & muck boots, anyone familiar?

l pinkmountain
4 years ago

I've spent the majority of my career doing outdoor pursuits from canoeing to backpacking to biology field work. But now I find myself lacking the right gear for this next chapter. I'm going to be spending a large amount of time this year doing dirty things. Actual up close and personal with a lot of soil, mud, muck, dusty rocks, dirty mulch, etc. I need a coat that can be washed repeatedly and not stain with dirt. Also shoes that do not track in mud and dirt yet stand up to it. My hiking boots and athletic shoes are proving to be mud collectors and then dirt shedders. Most work boots have the vibram type soles, great for durability and grip but not for resisting collecting mud and then releasing it all over the place!

Anyone have a good washable work coat they like and could recommend? Or mud shoes for the spring and summer?

I have a lot of windbreaker and rain types of coats, but the ones I have don't do well with repeated washing. I wear a lot of sweatshirts but I'm looking for something to throw over those . . .

Comments (24)