SNL skit on what is available; groceries no one wants to buy

2ManyDiversions

I found this amusing. They really bashed Dasani. Loved the toilet paper substitute : D

SaveComment19Like3
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

Hilarious and BradPitts opening, lol.

Save     Thanked by 2ManyDiversions
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

The first couple minutes of Refika's KFC video, lol. (must be a tictok)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by 2ManyDiversions
2ManyDiversions

OMG, I loved Layla! That's everyone's reaction, LOL! "What about delireefleas?" I don't laugh at children crying, but that is just too cute, so I had to! That is just so precious! Poor child!

Brad Pitt's SNL Dr. Fauci is pretty funny too.

Anyone have any other (food related covid or non-covid funny videos) they'd like to share? Smiles are food for the soul : )

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

That was funny - thanks for the chuckles!

I recall some funny reports about what was left on the shelves at Trader Joe's. Apparently nobody wanted carrot spirals or cauliflower pizza crusts.

Not videos, but these spoof grocery ads crack me up:

https://imgur.com/gallery/bn29V

1 Like Save     Thanked by 2ManyDiversions
2ManyDiversions

Oh, those are crazy hilarious! Thanks for sharing : D

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

You're welcome😄

& I particularly like this one:

annie1992

I loved Brad Pitt's Dr. Fauci, and I also enjoyed a skit that didn't make the "cut", it was on my own Governor, "That Woman From Michigan". Brought to you by the magic of YouTube. When the Governor was asked what she thought about the skit she says that she'd change one thing, she'd never drink a LaBatt's, it would be a good, local, Michigan craft beer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=gqPCJfKULgs&feature=emb_logo

Annie

4 Likes Save     Thanked by 2ManyDiversions
plllog

That was cute. Most of it, like the P-B Oreos, was sophomoric in the classic SNL vein, but I really appreciate the meta-humor of Tomoo--tofu made of beef and cheese. Compare to TVP. :) That one had me rolling. :)

3katz4me

I liked the BBQ Kit - hits close to home with the closing of hog processing plants in MN due to CV19.

Olychick

I haven't seen Gov Whitmer (although have read plenty about her), so I was thinking that was really her! Until the hand gesture and dog "poo" comment. Very funny!

nancyjane_gardener

Kind of reminds me of our local Grocery Outlet! You really never know what you're going to find! But I love it!

2ManyDiversions

"That woman from Michigan" was funny! Thanks Annie : )

1 Like Save    
Compumom11

Loved the SNL comment. What is it about Dasani? I know that lots of "alternative grain" products were the lone survivors on an empty shelf for a long time. Things have normalized quite a bit now, but boy this ad was on target and loved Pitt as Fauci too! Off to view the Witmer parody.

2ManyDiversions

Compumom, I am thinking the Dasani bashing was about the 'findings' some time ago that Dasani had salt added to their water. People freaked out over that, and suddenly Dasani was the water 'not to drink'. From my understanding, all bottled water that isn't 100 percent natural (spring water) has been filtered to the nth degree, which leaves a very flat taste. Like distilled water or reverse osmosis water. So minerals are then added back to it. Salt is a requirement for the body and if you drink water that has been filtered entirely of salt, it can place a strain on the body's natural salt content to replace what is lost. Spring water does have minerals too, but is far more natural, the minerals not being man-made. Anyway, after the salt find, as I like to call it, rumors ran rampant over Dasani, about chemicals harmful to fetuses, etc. I'm of the mind that Dasani water is no worse for you than most tap waters. So, there's more info than you ever wanted to know about Dasani!

And if any info above is incorrect, please feel free to correct me : )

1 Like Save    
plllog

I didn't know about the Dasani bashing. Most filtered drinking water has salts added for flavor. Aquafina (Pepsi) is reverse osmosis unless it's their flavored water, which has salts added. Dasani (Coke) is RO with salts. RO is a filtering process that ends up with pure water, equivalent to distilled. Spring water tastes better, has lots of minerals, and has to be monitored (or should be) because there are a lot of bad minerals out there--like arsenic. Mineral water usually comes from mineral springs, and can taste pretty bad from them. That's just a higher amount of natural minerals, thought by some to be good for health, which is possibly so where people aren't getting enough of some important trace mineral from the local food. There are also intense mineral springs with Glauber's salt, spa water, which historically was beloved of elders with regularity issues. :)

There's also a lot of ridiculousness out there. People who think that distilled water will harm them because of the ionic structure. People who think that ionized water is healthier because of its ionic structure. Nevermind that the first thing water does when you drink it is jump in a pool of acid. Nevermind the enzymes and membranes that rearrange your intake and only let through that which is beneficial.

2ManyDiversions

As always, a font of information plllog : ) Thank you!

On the water topic, we put in an under sink filtration system and were going with RO until I drank some. Very flat. Went with a 3-stage instead. I did not realize at the time RO was water with the minerals removed. I've drunk tap water, had a few accidental sips of community pool, pond, and lake water, and have yet to die from those. Well water is my least favorite, especially that with lots of orange sulfur. There are RO filtration systems one can buy that remove minerals, and then add minerals. It's all so confusing! I'm just grateful to have clear, nice tasting water.

Save    
bbstx

Years ago, I bought a package of water. I was racing through the grocery after work, hungry small child in tow so not enough time to read ingredients, etc. When I got home, I took the time to look at which “spring” the water had sprung from. It said “Little Rock, AR, Metropolitan Water System.” HA!

2ManyDiversions

Funny, bbstx! But so accurate these days. I've also tasted water directly from a natural spring. It was good.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Dasani tastes gross. It really does taste a lot saltier than other bottled waters. I remember buying it at an airport because it was the only water I could find and I hated it. When I read the label I wondered why they did that.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Why Your Kitchen Wants Its Own iPad
Cooking-school gateway, recipe database, foodie networking ... an iPad in the kitchen has uses far beyond being a message center
Full Story
Moving Home-Buying Checklist: 20 Things to Consider Beyond the Inspection
Quality of life is just as important as construction quality. Learn what to look for at open houses to ensure comfort in your new home
Full Story
Gardening Guides The Case for Buying Younger, Smaller Plants
Less mature plants are more economical, are easier to plant and often grow more quickly
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Established in 2015 and located in Northern Virginia, Above Board Construction is founded by two friends who have... Read More