SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

grrrr...wasted my time at the grocery store.

stacy3
15 years ago

Well, I actually took the time to prepare before heading out this morning. I had a couple of recipes that I wanted to make - among them - AnnT's pork chile verde, and a Food network recipe for spanikopita chicken meatballs.

So as I walk up to the cheese specialty case - it's empty. The entire thing! Seems they cleared it to "reset" it...????? So No Feta.

Then as I head down aisle after aisle looking for bottled or canned tomatillos - there are none to be found anywhere. So I say - oh well, I'll get some fresh! I found the bins where they WERE - and there was one left. sheesh - like that'll help...

Then I got two containers of yogurt - one vanilla - as I add this to Sammy's dog food - and one plain - to drain to use in the sauce for the meatballs...(It calls for greek yogurt - but I have never in my life found it anywhere - not even Wegman's...) And I get home and I have TWO Vanillas. Had to run out to the little store at the corner to get plain.

But the other day when we were in Buffalo, I found SOOOO many things that I have been wanting - like chili oil to make those rum glazed key lime shrimps! (boy were they good!)

Sorry, I'm rambling. I just hate not finding what I need...and I am soooo not the type to want to make repeated stops to get what I need.

Do you stop at different stores to get what's on sale? Or are you a one stop shopper?

Comments (27)