SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artiafields

Allen & Roth cabinets? how to save $ on kitchen Reno??

Tia S
4 years ago

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. Honestly, I don’t know if you’d call it remodeling or updating. We’re replacing the laminate floors with tile. Replace the current 08 dark cabinets with Allen & Roth white shaker cabinets, replacing the brown laminate for quartz, dropping the bar peninsula to a flat, purchasing a new stove and dishwasher. We’re trying to do this all on a budget. The kitchen is a galley style and the only thing moving is the Microwave to go on the cabinet not above the stove so I can add a hood. What are your thoughts on Allen and Roth cabinets? It’s not a large kitchen. The cabinets will cost 5k. It’s plywood with soft close drawers. What would you do and how would you save money with this kitchen Reno? I’m considering purchasing the tiles from floor and decor for $2.69 a square ft about $43 a box for 8 pieces. Does that sound right? The quartz is coming in around $3500 for 54 sq ft of countertop. I haven’t received the estimate from the contractor yet and I honestly don’t know what to expect as a good price to install cabinets and install floors. Also, how long does it typically take to do a job like this?

Oan: I plan to donate the cabinets which are in okay shape and everything to goodwill.

Also, Some of the work such as tiling the floors, installing the cabinets, and countertops will be completed by a contractor. My husband will do the backsplash.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!